WHITE HALF MOON DIAMOND PAIR
This product is currently sold out.
CUT: HALF MOON
DIMENSIONS: 5.9mm X 3.3mm
All gems from The Vault will be shipped in an exclusive, lab specimen gem box and luxury Miško packaging as a keepsake.
Mohs Hardness: 10
Anniversaries: 60th and 75 Wedding Anniversaries
Metaphysical; Radiance, Purity, Victory and an Enhancement of Love.
Diamonds are the hardest material on earth: 58 times harder than anything else in nature. Most diamonds formed more than a billion years ago, deep in the earth’s mantle.
Diamond’s characteristic chemical composition and crystal structure make it a unique member of the mineral kingdom.
Diamond is the only gem made of a single element: It is typically about 99.95 percent carbon. The other 0.05 percent can include one or more trace elements, which are atoms that aren’t part of the diamond’s essential chemistry. Some trace elements can influence its colour or crystal shape.
The way a mineral forms helps determine its identity. Diamond forms under high temperature and pressure conditions that exist only within a specific depth range (about 100 miles) beneath the earth’s surface. Diamond’s crystal structure is isometric, which means the carbon atoms are bonded in essentially the same way in all directions. Another mineral, graphite, also contains only carbon, but its formation process and crystal structure are very different. The result is that graphite is so soft that you can write with it, while diamond is so hard that you can only scratch it with another diamond.
All stones are sourced by Ele who is GIA certified in Diamond, Coloured Gem and Pearl Grading. She sources from reputable Australian suppliers.
If you cannot find the exact gem you are looking for, please send us an enquiry so we can source to your specifications
Once you purchase your gem you can choose to have it sent to you, sent to someone else as a gift, book in for a custom design jewellery appointment or keep it safe in The Vault for future projects. Please indicate this in the notes at check out.